Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ear-Taste?

We were coming home from church tonight in the middle of this mess of a thunderstorm. I had been trying to explain the physics of lightning to Emma and Sarah, which only led to more questions. After a 15 minute dissertation geared toward 6-9 year olds... oh, I forgot to mention...

I also told them that if they were ever struck by lightning, it would make such a loud BOOM that they would be left without hearing for a few minutes.

Now, as the questions ensued, Emma asked...

"If you get struck and hear a loud boom, how long will you be left without ear-taste?"

I had to ask her to repeat herself, when she did I laughed out loud! "Ear-taste?"

Exasperated at her inability to describe what she meant as "hearing" she tried again. "I mean ear-smell."

"No, I mean ear-touch." On and on and on...until it got rediculous.

I love how young minds think.

No comments:

Post a Comment