Monday, July 6, 2009

Which way do I go, George?

Children singing and playing music, illustrati...Image via Wikipedia

All too often, I find myself paralyzed in the details--not sure which way to turn. Lately this has been exacerbated by other pangs. Sometimes I get gripped with fear wondering if I'm destined for failure with my current career. Other times I feel overwhelmed with all the many responsibilities I'm under. Two weeks ago, I got a visit from an old friend, Dusty. He reminded me of the classic devotional My Utmost for His Highest. I had a copy that Nancy had bought for me a few years ago, and I had sporatically read. Before, the lessons seemed lofty and out of touch. Now, that couldn't be further from the truth. I think this speaks volumes of how much I need God's direction and assistance right now. I am wholly dependant on Him. Before, dare I say I was pretty much in charge of my little kingdom. It's no wonder I never let Him take care of anything. Recently, I asked Margie what it meant to "give something to God." Isn't it all His to begin with? Is that just some cliche we all use to give sage wisdom to one another? I realize now there is no easy answer for that question, only experience. Perhaps that is what the psalmist cries out for in Psalm 119 (for 120 verses). No easy answers. Only fires that refine us! That's why I love this devotional. It puts it all in perspective (God's Perspective). Pick it up if you haven't read it in awhile. It may help you through some difficult times as well.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Very well written, babe. It is definitely a little easier going through the fires when you have the Father's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ozzy Chambers...he's one of my favorites. Always a challenging read, always something new to learn.

    ReplyDelete